Petite Mothais, also Mothais Sur Feuille (translation: Mothais on a Leaf), a goat’s milk bloomy rind from Poitou-Charentes in western France. Wrapped in a Chestnut leaf and aged at higher than normal humidity (close to 100% rather than 85-90%), resulting in a high-moisture, delicate-rinded wheel with a wonderfully velvety paste and an oozing creamline. The rind will sometimes be dotted with a few spots of blue mold, which is normal.
In flavor the young Mothais is buttery and light, earthy and herbaceous with a subtle goatiness. A wonderful addition to any cheese plate.
Purchased at the Artisanal cheese counter.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- carriemiddletent240 reblogged this from cheesenotes and added:
- stealmybrain likes this
- treasurechest reblogged this from cheesenotes
- enjoithenight reblogged this from cheesenotes
- jewlesthemagnificent likes this
- formerlyanon likes this
- mrskarkatharley reblogged this from cheesenotes
- mrskarkatharley likes this
- cheesenotes posted this