Tomme de Chevre Aydius, from the village of Aydius in the Béarnaise Pyrénées region of France, is a washed rind goat’s milk tomme, aged for up to 6 months, after which the aging continues in the Murray’s caves to bring them to perfection.
With a pungent, grassy aroma and a dense, eye-pocked creamy paste and melting mouthfeel, this tomme is mild but complex, sweet, nutty and herbaceous, with hints of lemon and fruit.
Purchased at Murray’s Cheese.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- chunkofftheblock reblogged this from cheesenotes
- katoxstar likes this
- dclxvii likes this
- irideae likes this
- vivian-h likes this
- whatistrueforme reblogged this from lessaismore
- lessaismore reblogged this from murrayscheese
- lessaismore likes this
- chasingbaxter likes this
- batesnursery likes this
- murrayscheese reblogged this from cheesenotes
- murrayscheese likes this
- iwonderofsonder likes this
- mrskarkatharley reblogged this from cheesenotes
- mrskarkatharley likes this
- goddessofscrumptiousness likes this
- cheesenotes posted this