Tomorrow the 3rd Annual Cheesemonger Invitational is going down—arguably one of the tastiest of Invitationals of the year. And we’re not just talking cubes of cheddar on a toothpick, this year they’re even offering Blue Cheese Ice Cream.
We’re told the unusual flavor of ice cream was made for the event by Martha Safarty, and it’s actually not that uncommon—even Emeril has dabbled in the blue cream, and Ms. Stewart serves hers with steak and onion rings! You can get the recipe here, or head to the cheese event tomorrow to try a scoop.
This time around the Cheesemonger Invitational (held in Long Island City) has 47 mongers coming from around the country “to compete in a cheese battle extravaganza,” during which time 500 lbs of specialty cheeses will be served to guests. For $50 you get all you can drink and all you can eat—not a bad deal.
(Photo ©2012 Gothamist.com)
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- fjnegrin likes this
- dclxvii likes this
- smallestmouse reblogged this from cheesenotes and added:
- therapsida reblogged this from dignified-and-old and added:
- dignified-and-old reblogged this from murrayscheese and added:
- murrayscheese reblogged this from cheesenotes and added:
- nebraskagasm likes this
- mrskarkatharley likes this
- cheesenotes posted this